Christmas trees, bells, hearts, and stars can also be edible. Do you know how? Well, preparing some cookies with molds that present these formats. In addition, you can take the opportunity to involve your child in this task.
Christmas cookies are a good excuse to share it at a family snack or to give to friends this Christmas season.
- 300 gr of wheat flour
- 150 gr of sugar
- 250 gr of butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- Colored noodles
- Tips: you can also decorate the cookies with silver or golden balls
Invite your children to make them. Surely you will have a very rewarding time in every way. On our site we suggest you make some very Christmas cookies. You can also see the recipe step by step.
1. In a bowl, mix the butter or margarine and the sugar well until a very homogeneous dough forms. Add the egg yolk and the vanilla essence. Beat everything until the dough is smooth.
2. Next, add the wheat flour and salt. Mix everything very well, and work the dough with your hands until it is well homogeneous.
3. Make a ball with the dough and pack it in plastic wrap. Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 185º. Take the dough out of the fridge, knead it a little to make it more manageable and then, on a floured surface, open it with the help of a kitchen roller. It is recommended that the thickness of the dough be ½ cm.
5. Now, with the help of the molds, cut out the dough with Christmas shapes. Arrange the cookies in a baking dish and bake at 185º in the oven for approximately 15 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown.
6. You can decorate the cookies as you like. This time we have chosen to make it with colored noodles, to have very colorful cookies.
You can read more articles similar to Colored homemade Christmas cookies, in the category of Recipes on site.